Books Thread

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Acton Boy
Registered for: 3 years 1 month

Re: Books Thread

Post by Acton Boy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Pixel8r wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:37 pm
Acton Boy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:02 pm Thanks for the recommendation, as I was planning to get another book by Neil Stephenson.
You should also try Snow Crash, which was the first book I read by him => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash

I was really into all the cyberpunk novels in the 90s—William Gibson, Bruce Sterling, etc.
I enjoyed William Gibson and Iain M Banks culture books, I wish that I’d kept them and lots of other stuff but but they went to the charity shop when I was moving a long time ago. The silly bugger I am :doh: :crazy:
Pixel8r
Site Admin

Post by Pixel8r »

That bloke that used to be PM in New Zealand has released a book about how empathic he is. The narcissistic gaslighting knows no bounds. :Exploding

"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Acton Boy

Post by Acton Boy »

Acton Boy wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:13 pm
Pixel8r wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:37 pm
Acton Boy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:02 pm Thanks for the recommendation, as I was planning to get another book by Neil Stephenson.
You should also try Snow Crash, which was the first book I read by him => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash

I was really into all the cyberpunk novels in the 90s—William Gibson, Bruce Sterling, etc.
I enjoyed William Gibson and Iain M Banks culture books, I wish that I’d kept them and lots of other stuff but but they went to the charity shop when I was moving a long time ago. The silly bugger I am :doh: :crazy:
I got Snow Crash shortly after you recommended it, great book thank you.
Pixel8r
Site Admin

Post by Pixel8r »

"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)